Thursday, August 21, 2008

Catch-all

I was looking around the living room the other day and realized that Harper's toys could get out of control quickly. I searched my house high and low for a cute basket I could use to catch the toys, and realized in one of my fits of let's-get-rid-of-all-our-crap, I must have given them away. I remembered this post from RookieMoms and found my inspiration. We had an empty bin from new cat litter (and yes, I did bleach it first), so I covered it with contact paper and ribbon. When we were kids, my mom used to cover old dog bone boxes with contact paper for all our toys. The bonus here, is that with the lid on, they'll stack quite nicely.

(I know, I know... this is kinda lame to be posting about, but my sister has already given me crap for becoming a Mom-Blogger. Must be the hormones.)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I think this is more crafty & creative & thrifty blogging! Even if it happened to be inspired by the existence of a baby :)