Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flag Day

As many of you may know, I love my libertarian neighbors. (I call them the libertarians for effect, but really I think they're neo-cons). They have an array of flags that they display at all patriotic, and mildly patriotic, holidays. According to Wikipedia, Flag Day commemorates the adoption of the United States flag, which happened on June 14, 1777. Flag Day was really meant only to honor the American flag, but as you can see, my neighbors use the day to honor all flags. They have a total of 11 flags flying, 3 of which are the American flag. The others include a Marine Corps flag, POW-MIA flag, and others I can't identify. If you can identify any others, please post them in a comment.

Other fun facts about my neighbors: The Ford truck has a bumper sticker that says "Happiness is a Northbound Yankee;" he has been known to participate in Civil War reenactments, guns and cannons included; their screened-in "porch" (formerly carport) is for the big screen TV.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. I don't remember these people from when I visited you YEARS AND YEARS ago.

Are they ex-Southerners? They seem like they'd fit in well in rural Kentucky. But they don't seem like the libertarians I grew up with in rural northern CA.

allie said...

They moved in shortly after you visited and provide lots of entertainment for me. My favorite was when he was walking out to his truck carrying a musket and there was a canon in the bed of the truck. Lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

I think the second one on the right is a Symbionese Liberation Army flag.