Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Librarian's Guide to Etiquette

This blog provided a necessary chuckle to my sleep-deprived state. While it is directly mainly at librarians, I do think that many of these can apply to non-library workplaces. If it doesn't, then it will provide a window into the perverse and twisted world of librarians. As much as I hate to say it, I'm actually kind of surprised that it is written by two men. One, because it seems like many of the sentiments come from women, and two, because there are so few men in the profession. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! So what do you collect? And hey, historians hate wikipedia too (although I must say it's super useful for blogging purposes).

I notice this post contained no pictures of your beautiful baby girl.

allie said...

I really don't collect anything. It turns into clutter.

I actually love Wikipedia and preach it to all my students, with caveats, of course. Too many people in academia treat it with a black/white lens and don't touch it. But to me it's like any other encyclopedia.

More pics of baby girl to come.