Friday, February 15, 2008

Yes, I am obsessed with the weather

Yesterday morning a freak winter storm blew in to San Diego, and after having been told that we would only get a little drizzle, it poured all day long. It was 58 when I got to work at 8:30am, but by the time I left at 4:00pm, it was 44!! As a result, we got snow in the mountains, and many country dwellers had trouble getting home due to road closures.

While I can appreciate that to those who live in climates that actually have weather, this is par for the course, but in San Diego, it is quite a sight to see snow on my way to work, and from my office window. So bear with me while I express my awe with mother nature. AAAWWW...


Driving on Interstate 15 (yes, I took the picture while driving), this shot looks north east towards Palomar Mountain. Palomar Mountain got 10-11 inches of snow from the storm.





This is the beautiful view from my office window. Gotta love working for the gov'ment.





Read more about our freak storm from our award-winning local newspaper.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

It's a genetic thing. So is your grandfather, and maybe, me. The primal farmer comes out when the weather gets weird. Stop taking photos when you are driving. You're driving for two now.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's so clear and beautiful! Santa Barbara got snow too, I think.